|Chapter 2||The Household of God, Book 1|
2. Tell the fearful mothers not to raise their daughters to be afraid of men and the world. For what one fears one blindly obeys when the temptation arises and those who are feared have an easy victory. Let them teach their daughters rather to respect and love Me that I may be the victor and they despise the world and least on My boundless love. They shall not take them to public places to find a husband, but to Me. Let them bring them to Me and I tell you: Not one of their desires shall remain unblessed and unsatisfied. For I am a rich God who has plenty of everything which He can -and will- give in abundance.
3. The poor shall not beg at the doors of the rich where they experience the lot of stray dogs and their hearts are turned to sorrow and bitterness. They shall come to Me with great confidence, and I shall refresh them all. I shall give load to the hungry and drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked and heal the sick. The lame shall leap like a hart, the leper shall be cleansed, the blind will see and the deaf hear, and I will make the weak stronger than a lion. The timid shall become bolder than a colt and the aged shall find rest. The poor is My closest brother, I care for him. Therefore, the dogs shall not debase him, for the rich of the world are brothers of Satan and children of the devil in hell.
4. Tell My friends they shall not love My servants more than Me. They shall place their salvation fully in My hands, rather than keep it in their own hands, and completely rely on Me. For the servant must act strictly in accordance with the command, lest he be found unworthy. The giver of the law alone stands above it and can place whomsoever he wishes above it, too. However, as long as they are under the yoke, they shall be judged, but to those who come to Me I can remit judgment.
5. My church on earth is a bath of purification. Let him who has washed himself come to Me that I may dry him with the warmth of My love and keep him with Me. But the one who only enjoys the splashing and dabbling will fare, as do the mill wheels, which never get out of the water.
6. If someone has performed the works of true repentance, let him come to Me, and I will receive him like a prodigal son and keep him within My strength. For the servant can advise, but I can do it; the servant can instruct, but the salvation is My work; the servant can pray, but I alone can bless. My servant must pass fair judgment, but only the Lord has the right to show mercy. Therefore, let them not forget the Lord over the servants!
7. Tell them this faithfully word for word without hesitation, for if you want to love Me you must not fear the world, as I am more than an the world.
8. For the world I am a most insignificant hero for whom there is not much regard. The scholars look down upon Me and at the most call Me an honest man. Some of them ignore Me completely; for them I no longer exist others still admit some divine trait in Me, but only for a short time, then they let themselves be influenced by the worldly wise. Soon I am dismissed and at the most regarded as a God for old women. For some of My servants and workers, who imagine themselves great, I merely serve as an official seal and as an external kind of divine cover for their idle nonsense and their gross and utter foolishness and stupidity. There are some who permit Me still to retain My divinity, but for this I must allow them to make of Me what they will in their pursuit of temporal gains. And what is the worst: I must be a downright absurdity! Love and mercy I may have only as long as it suits them; then I must become more pitiless than a stone and must suffer Myself to be changed into a most despicable tyrant I am expected to rush from One tribunal to the next and pass one condemnation after the other. My love must therefore be only temporary, whereas My tyranny and harsh judgeship are meant to last forever. Oh, those utter fools! My infinite forbearance, gentleness, meekness and eternal love for My created beings certainly do not serve their greedy purposes, but all their plans shall soon be thwarted. Their accounts are before Me and the measure of their deeds has been almost filled, and their reward is awaiting them.
9. For him who does not know Me the way I am, and who I am, it would be better not to know anything about Me, for then I could still revive him in the spirit realm. But as things are they make themselves incapable of receiving My help as they deaden the life within them by destroying and slaying Me within them, thereby becoming vines separated from the grapevine.
10. This I now say: I am the sole eternal God in My triune nature, as Father in My divinity, as Son in My humanity and as Spirit in all life, action and cognition. I am from eternity the very love and wisdom. I have never received anything from anyone. Everything that exists is from Me, and whoever possesses something, has it from Me. How can I be a tyrant and one who condemns? -Oh, you fools! I love you and you scorn Me. I am your Father, and you regard Me as an executioner. Where I bless, you curse. Where I build, you destroy. What I raise, you bend down. What I sow, you smother with floods. You oppose Me in everything. If I were as you say that I am, truly I tell you the earth would long since have ceased to exist; indeed, it would never have been created! However, since I am the way I am, everything is still in existence as it has been and will be forever. And you will be the way you wish to be, without My condemnation, for you will be what you have made of yourselves. But those who accept Me as I am and love Me as I love them, I shall make into what they wish to be so that their freedom and joy may be perfect everlastingly.
11. Tell My officials and servants: My offices are not banks and changing-offices, for he who serves Me for the sake of money does not serve Me out of love. And the one who does not serve Me out of love is a stranger to Me in his service as I must be a stranger to him since he does not serve Me out of love; with him My account is already closed. And how can he be a faithful servant who sells his master's treasures illicitly like a thief at shameful prices? -Judas Iscariot sold Me at least for 30 pieces of silver not knowing in advance what would happen to Me; for he was deluded and became lost. But now -as already tortured, slain and raised from the dead, I am available every minute for a mere song. Oh you shameful thieves, you murderers, what can I compare you to? You children of the dragon, you brood of vipers! Are you serving Me like this, must I find you such? I bad My dear Paul tells you that he who serves the altar shall also live of the altar, but only from the works of love, which works all that, is good. But you have no works of love and are, therefore, robbers and thieves and murderers of the Gospel and all truth. Know then: As the work, so the reward! Love cannot be had for money, but only for love. I am the very love and can never be won for any other price but love. I have redeemed all of you with love and, therefore, demand again love from you. So whomever wishes to serve Me, let him serve Me with the love with which I died for him on the cross. And he, who wishes to come to Me, let him come in the love that bled for him on the cross.
12. Tell the ministers and lords of the world frankly and truthfully that their offices do not rank higher than the offices in My kingdom. Soon I will destroy every office that is against Me. Woe to its servants! For I am the Most High, My law is eternal as am I and shall remain so in eternity. The moths, which are endeavoring to nibble at My law and make new laws from their dirt in order to eradicate My law, the latter will crush with all its weight and destroy them as though they bad never existed. Everyone who offends against My laws can be forgiven when he changes his ways, recognizes his mistakes, repents, turns to Me and remains in Me and I in him. But the One who tries to undermine My law shall be crushed by it, and he shall cease to exist forever. All the worldly laws undermine My commands, unless men who are instructed by My Spirit give them out of My love. Woe upon the tyrants and despots who rule because of the might and authority of their thrones. For when their measure is full, they shall experience the power of the weak. The ground is Mine and the field is Mine. This tells you the True One, the Eternal God of Love and Wisdom, and He makes it known through a fool to the worldly wise. Amen. I, Jehovah. Amen.
|Chapter 2||Mobile view About us|