|Chapter 2||The Household of God, Book 1|
THE LORD'S PRECEPTS FOR MEN
Thus spoke the Lord to me and within me for everyone, and that is true, faithful and certain:
1. You are the Lot of Sodom, but make sure that you do not suffocate in unchastely and thus participate in the heritage of the harlot, for you are unlike anyone before or after you. As a man you are entirely in the flesh and its lust, but as a spirit you are completely free with open eyes and open ears. You soil your body with dirt, whilst streams of light are poured upon your spirit. Your body feeds with the swine, whilst a thousand angels surround your spirit. You have filled your earthly heart with mire and dirt, but I have made My abode in the heart of your spirit. You talk with harlots, whilst I talk to you as a brother to his brother. You stink like a cesspool, and your spirit breathes the sweet odors of the highest heavens. You are a horrible creature, but your eye shines more than the suns. Therefore, cleanse your flesh and become one with Me so that I may become One with you.
2. Tell the fearful mothers not to raise their daughters to be afraid of men and the world. For what one fears one blindly obeys when the temptation arises and those who are feared have an easy victory. Let them teach their daughters rather to respect and love Me that I may be the victor and they despise the world and least on My boundless love. They shall not take them to public places to find a husband, but to Me. Let them bring them to Me and I tell you: Not one of their desires shall remain unblessed and unsatisfied. For I am a rich God who has plenty of everything which He can -and will- give in abundance.
3. The poor shall not beg at the doors of the rich where they experience the lot of stray dogs and their hearts are turned to sorrow and bitterness. They shall come to Me with great confidence, and I shall refresh them all. I shall give load to the hungry and drink to the thirsty, clothe the naked and heal the sick. The lame shall leap like a hart, the leper shall be cleansed, the blind will see and the deaf hear, and I will make the weak stronger than a lion. The timid shall become bolder than a colt and the aged shall find rest. The poor is My closest brother, I care for him. Therefore, the dogs shall not debase him, for the rich of the world are brothers of Satan and children of the devil in hell.
4. Tell My friends they shall not love My servants more than Me. They shall place their salvation fully in My hands, rather than keep it in their own hands, and completely rely on Me. For the servant must act strictly in accordance with the command, lest he be found unworthy. The giver of the law alone stands above it and can place whomsoever he wishes above it, too. However, as long as they are under the yoke, they shall be judged, but to those who come to Me I can remit judgment.
5. My church on earth is a bath of purification. Let him who has washed himself come to Me that I may dry him with the warmth of My love and keep him with Me. But the one who only enjoys the splashing and dabbling will fare, as do the mill wheels, which never get out of the water.
6. If someone has performed the works of true repentance, let him come to Me, and I will receive him like a prodigal son and keep him within My strength. For the servant can advise, but I can do it; the servant can instruct, but the salvation is My work; the servant can pray, but I alone can bless. My servant must pass fair judgment, but only the Lord has the right to show mercy. Therefore, let them not forget the Lord over the servants!
7. Tell them this faithfully word for word without hesitation, for if you want to love Me you must not fear the world, as I am more than an the world.
8. For the world I am a most insignificant hero for whom there is not much regard. The scholars look down upon Me and at the most call Me an honest man. Some of them ignore Me completely; for them I no longer exist others still admit some divine trait in Me, but only for a short time, then they let themselves be influenced by the worldly wise. Soon I am dismissed and at the most regarded as a God for old women. For some of My servants and workers, who imagine themselves great, I merely serve as an official seal and as an external kind of divine cover for their idle nonsense and their gross and utter foolishness and stupidity. There are some who permit Me still to retain My divinity, but for this I must allow them to make of Me what they will in their pursuit of temporal gains. And what is the worst: I must be a downright absurdity! Love and mercy I may have only as long as it suits them; then I must become more pitiless than a stone and must suffer Myself to be changed into a most despicable tyrant I am expected to rush from One tribunal to the next and pass one condemnation after the other. My love must therefore be only temporary, whereas My tyranny and harsh judgeship are meant to last forever. Oh, those utter fools! My infinite forbearance, gentleness, meekness and eternal love for My created beings certainly do not serve their greedy purposes, but all their plans shall soon be thwarted. Their accounts are before Me and the measure of their deeds has been almost filled, and their reward is awaiting them.
9. For him who does not know Me the way I am, and who I am, it would be better not to know anything about Me, for then I could still revive him in the spirit realm. But as things are they make themselves incapable of receiving My help as they deaden the life within them by destroying and slaying Me within them, thereby becoming vines separated from the grapevine.
|Chapter 2||Mobile view About us|