|Chapter 1||The Healing Power of Sunlight|
12. However, since in the purer sun spirits all those particular soul substances are present out of which the soul is made, it is easy for the soul to take from them all that it lacks for its strengthening, thereby restoring the former order in its nerve essence and through it, in its nerves and blood, the proper natural life current.
13. Because of this, a proper homeopathic treatment is, in many respects, much more preferable to any allopathic treatment. For, through homeopathy the soul becomes the physician for its body when it has absorbed from outside something it lacked or in which, at least, it was weakened.
14. With allopathic treatment, however, the body is forced to first become the physician for its soul. And only when the soul, usually through great misery of the body, has retained its health, can it retroactively begin to restore its body. This is surely the most unsuitable way for regaining the full health of the body which is obvious when one looks at the lengthy process of a very sick body’s recovery.
15. Thus, homeopathy is a proper healing method, but note that there are two kinds of homeopathy, namely:
16. First, there is a special one (Note: Founded by Hahnemann) whose results are not quite certain because even the most skilled physician cannot always recognize for sure where and in which parts the soul is weakened. Therefore, he is unable to apply the correct soul specific. This is, of course, possible to a physician who is reborn in the spirit, whereas for one who is not completely, or usually not at all reborn, it is, notwithstanding his discernment and skill, difficult or even impossible.
17. For this reason the second kind of homeopathy which, to distinguish it from the first, I will call the general, should preferably be taken into consideration, as with it no physician could make a mistake – if at least he has some skill.
18. And this type of homeopathy I have mentioned to you in advance on the 16th of July 1851, concerning the healing power of the sunrays.
19. Now you would naturally ask: “How can this be done?”
20. I have already shown you one way which is, or would be, sufficient if men would observe the way of life today which was faithfully observed by mankind in the past.
21. The present way of life, when because of all kinds of artificial foods, the soul is deprived of, rather than supplied with nutrients, or given completely bad ones, the ancients’ method of using the sunlight is not sufficiently effective.
22. Therefore, I will tell you of several treatments, including the necessary diet. If this is strictly observed using the shown sunlight medicine, but mind this: very strictly: you can, with certainty, heal every illness whatever it may be.
23. Even external injuries to the body can be healed if this medicine is dispensed in the proper way.
24. The other things will follow soon.
25. Now let us look at the special ways how the health-giving substance from the sunlight can best be combined with some fine substances and how it can then be used in cases of sickness.
26. It is obvious that the sunlight substance can be combined with a variety of materials, if you only look at a meadow.
27. Just pick any little plant, smell and taste it, and both smell and taste will tell you: “We originate from the light and warmth of the sun!”
28. If you expose a sheet of glass for some extended time to the sunlight, it will begin to show all kinds of colors on its outer surface. Why not on the inner surface, too? Because the inner surface is not exposed to the sunrays first strike.
29. Place a pot plant in a dark cellar. Even if it does flower, the blossoms will show no color at all or only a very pale color.
30. This shows that the colors of flowers and fruits are also a work of the active light spirits of the sun ray.
31. In those countries which you call “the hot ones”, the opalescence of plants and even animals is far more vivid and richer than is the case in the temperate, or even the cold, zone where most things assume a grey shade, do not have a very strong perfume and often have a harsh and bitter taste equal to the harshness and bitterness of the judged spirits banned in the earth.
32. Here one could say: “But if all the species of plants and also the minerals, especially in the hot zones, contain so much of the sun’s light substance, no further artificial methods would be needed to draw from the sun what can easily be obtained in quite a natural way.
33. This is true, and so far most medical practices have been based on this.
34. Whoever uses known healing herbs will certainly always feel their effect. But no healing herb exists which is able to absorb all the healing substance from the sunrays. Every plant absorbs only what is homogeneous to it and cannot absorb anything else, since its structure is such that it can absorb from the sunlight only what is required by it.
35. If a physician were able to establish from a sick soul exactly which life-specifics have become weak within it, or are even lacking, and knew also the little herb which contains these particular life specifics, he would definitely be able to restore a sick soul or, which is the same, a sick person, to complete health.
36. But since such deeper knowledge of a person and his soul is as unknown to an ordinary physician as is as yet undiscovered continent, medicine is and remains to him a guess rather than knowledge.
37. So what people learned through experience and occasional lucky experiments concerning the healing powers of plants, minerals and animals, they mostly apply to the healing of their sick, and with most physicians the Nordic saying could be applied where such a physician is compared to a club: “If the club is lucky enough to strike the sickness, the patient improves, but if the club strikes the patient instead of the disease, the patient dies!”
38. Here we are not concerned with old experiences or new test results for the healing of people but with an arcanum(13), as it were, which is capable of re-animating sick mankind, as long as the body mechanism allows it, in the same way that an ever-stronger growing light in spring re-animates plants and animals, provided their organism is capable of receiving such a re-animation. For, mind this, there does not exist an arcanum for an eternal life of the body together with the soul on earth, as dreamed of by some miracle physicians. However, to the extent that in My order a person is allowed to live his physical life, he is able – with a proper diet and the right use of the arcanum – to reach a ripe old age in good health.
39. Thanks to these explanations, everyone can understand how the most varied life-specifics out of the rays of the sun can do something with nature, and so we can now begin with the particular method for the absorption of such sunrays.
|Chapter 1||Mobile view About us|