|Chapter 1||The Healing Power of Sunlight|
28. If you expose a sheet of glass for some extended time to the sunlight, it will begin to show all kinds of colors on its outer surface. Why not on the inner surface, too? Because the inner surface is not exposed to the sunrays first strike.
29. Place a pot plant in a dark cellar. Even if it does flower, the blossoms will show no color at all or only a very pale color.
30. This shows that the colors of flowers and fruits are also a work of the active light spirits of the sun ray.
31. In those countries which you call “the hot ones”, the opalescence of plants and even animals is far more vivid and richer than is the case in the temperate, or even the cold, zone where most things assume a grey shade, do not have a very strong perfume and often have a harsh and bitter taste equal to the harshness and bitterness of the judged spirits banned in the earth.
32. Here one could say: “But if all the species of plants and also the minerals, especially in the hot zones, contain so much of the sun’s light substance, no further artificial methods would be needed to draw from the sun what can easily be obtained in quite a natural way.
33. This is true, and so far most medical practices have been based on this.
34. Whoever uses known healing herbs will certainly always feel their effect. But no healing herb exists which is able to absorb all the healing substance from the sunrays. Every plant absorbs only what is homogeneous to it and cannot absorb anything else, since its structure is such that it can absorb from the sunlight only what is required by it.
35. If a physician were able to establish from a sick soul exactly which life-specifics have become weak within it, or are even lacking, and knew also the little herb which contains these particular life specifics, he would definitely be able to restore a sick soul or, which is the same, a sick person, to complete health.
36. But since such deeper knowledge of a person and his soul is as unknown to an ordinary physician as is as yet undiscovered continent, medicine is and remains to him a guess rather than knowledge.
37. So what people learned through experience and occasional lucky experiments concerning the healing powers of plants, minerals and animals, they mostly apply to the healing of their sick, and with most physicians the Nordic saying could be applied where such a physician is compared to a club: “If the club is lucky enough to strike the sickness, the patient improves, but if the club strikes the patient instead of the disease, the patient dies!”
38. Here we are not concerned with old experiences or new test results for the healing of people but with an arcanum(13), as it were, which is capable of re-animating sick mankind, as long as the body mechanism allows it, in the same way that an ever-stronger growing light in spring re-animates plants and animals, provided their organism is capable of receiving such a re-animation. For, mind this, there does not exist an arcanum for an eternal life of the body together with the soul on earth, as dreamed of by some miracle physicians. However, to the extent that in My order a person is allowed to live his physical life, he is able – with a proper diet and the right use of the arcanum – to reach a ripe old age in good health.
39. Thanks to these explanations, everyone can understand how the most varied life-specifics out of the rays of the sun can do something with nature, and so we can now begin with the particular method for the absorption of such sunrays.
|Chapter 1||Mobile view About us|