|Chapter 2||The Moon|
6. Another peculiarity of these human beings is that their eye fulfills a double function. The first function is that of sight, just like in your case. But the second function is that their eye also serves as a light in their dark dwellings which function is even found on earth in certain animals as well as in some regions in man, namely in those whose eye pupil is red like those of rabbits. Yet another peculiarity of these people is the extremely acute sense of hearing by virtue of which they are able to very easily hear the faintest sound from a considerable distance; that is why their auricles are much larger and more compact.
7. The male is considerably stronger than the female gender, but not in the terrestrial ratio, but in the ratio of the strength of a ten-year-old child in comparison to that of a grown man. Therefore these moon men are also of the greatest tenderness towards their wives and carry them literally not only on their hands, but also on the shoulders in such a manner that the feet hang down on both sides of the neck over the chest. This is the reason why you will always see two human beings on top of one another there.
8. There, the woman is not allowed to do almost any work and she is fed by the man, in fact even to the point that the man first chews the food thoroughly and then places it from his mouth into the woman's mouth. Outside of the dwelling, the woman leaves the man's shoulders only to answer the call of nature and in the last days of pregnancy, when she is close to delivery. During her whole life there, a woman bears children only twice, once during the day and once during the night, but she always delivers four living children, namely four boys during the day and four girls during the night. The children can walk immediately, and the boys are soon taught to get into the habit of carrying the girls. That the children there also sometimes die during childhood is as natural a matter as on earth. Not until they are a hundred or more days old are they "possessed" by alien spirits.
9. All of these moon people have second sight and are taught from within about the recognition of God by the angel spirits that are sent there. The education they receive from the angel spirits serves the inherent spirit of the terrestrial human being at the same time, and in this way, the soul of the moon man then repairs the damage that a human being on earth inflicted on his soul through his very foolish obsession with worldly things. Thus, a human being that has been reformed under such rigorous circumstances has a patched soul, and he will eternally be distinguishable from completely pure spirits. He will never be able to join in their free companionship, but will always relate to them exactly as the moon relates to the earth. The moon indeed accompanies the earth consistently, but it may never approach the earth as friend to friend.
10. Only those spirits which did not need to be placed into moon people in order to improve, but who, as spirits, already had a genuine disgust for the earth will be guided away from there to higher regions and may be admitted into the children's kingdom which is the highest level of bliss for them. But to reach higher levels would be impossible for them because their limited nature would not enable them to endure a higher state, just as human beings on earth would not be able to survive in the finest ether while still living in the physical body.
11. Behold, such is the fate of the best worldly-minded human beings. For he who does not voluntarily renounce the world out of love for Me and from whom worldly obsessions must be exorcized by extraordinary means of coercion by virtue of My mercy, that man has not acted on his free will; but he who does not act on his own free will, acts like a slave. But who can consider the coerced deeds of a slave as his own merit? But if a slave fulfills his obligations forced on him, his action is nevertheless worth enough to give him bread for nourishment, so that he may live because he willingly worked, even though, in a manner of speaking, by compulsion.
12. From this, you will now be able to completely understand why such beings are not capable of experiencing higher bliss, just as children are not capable of it when they are in the transition from the earthly into the spiritual life and they still are and have to be nothing but slaves of blind obedience.
|Chapter 2||Mobile view About us|